*** #6 Alicia, you are the lucky winner of the #BlacklistedFromThePTA autographed book or free kindle download! Congratulations ***
Ready to celebrate?
Independence Day is merely two days away, summer is in full swing, gardens are flaunting their abundant bounty and let’s face it — every day in July is a reason to celebrate!
July brings us another reason to celebrate because it is birthday month for Blacklisted from the PTA, a humorous essay book from local Arkansan blogger and all-around super gal pal, Lela Davidson. For every day this month, Lela is featuring local and national bloggers to help her celebrate her one-year anniversary since the launch of her book.
Her book makes me laugh.
Seriously, who doesn’t like to sit back, kick up their feet, and have a good hearty laugh?
Sooooo… in honor of her celebratory birthday month, I created Lela a signature cocktail drink. I wanted something sweet, yet bold. Light, yet strong. Summery, yet timeless. Something “Lela.”
Introducing… “The PTA.”
The PTA drink is the perfect summer drink. Put this on your July to-do list.
I am not kidding. It’s that good.
“The PTA” signature cocktail
P = peaches ( ½ peach + slice for garnish)
T = tonic (for the “bubbly”)
A = Absolut vodka, 2 oz (yeah, make it count)
½ oz simple syrup
sugar for garnish
- Coat the rim of a double old-fashioned glass with water and then dip in sugar. Add ice to glass and set aside.
- Cut peach in half. Cut up and place in cocktail shaker. Take muddler (or wooden spoon) and work peach into mush-like consistency.
- Add simple syrup and ice to cocktail shaker.
- Shake until you can’t stand holding the shaker anymore because it is so cold to the touch. Brrr… but worth it, trust me.
- Pour into glass.
- Top with tonic to the top of the glass. Don’t stir. This drink is about layering to bring out the greatest flavor combinations.
Now you can sit back, kick up your feet, and laugh, too… because I have a *giveaway* for a lucky someone!
Leave a comment below if you are interested and I will pick one winner via randomizer. Contest ends this Saturday evening, July 7, at midnight CDT. Good luck!
Be sure to check out Lela’s month of celebration on her blog, After the Bubbly. Every day brings a new story. Mine just happened to bring on the bubbly!
Happy birthday, Blacklisted from the PTA and congratulations, Lela! Thanks for doing Arkansas proud!
Happy July everybody!
Eat well, my friends. Eat well.