Ad. This delicious and comforting cashew chicken noodle soup was created for JSL Foods. #fortunenudonoodles #cheftyaki #udonsoups
I love a good sheet pan meal and it’s hard to beat a cashew chicken for ease and deliciousness. But then I got to thinking; why not make it into a soup? Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the best cashew chicken noodle soup in the world!
This soup is the best simply because I could not find a recipe for it – and after a quick Google search, I discovered that 41.2 million other people have searched for this recipe. So, I wasn’t alone in wanting this cashew chicken noodle soup!
How do you make cashew chicken into a noodle soup?
Traditionally, cashew chicken is made over a high-heat source, such as a wok. Doing so sears in the intense flavors of the ingredients and when mixed with the right seasoning, really brings out the deliciousness. For this recipe I wanted ease so the chicken vegetables are cooked in the oven on high heat before combining with udon noodles. It’s simple, really.
This is not your grandma’s ordinary chicken noodle soup.
Well…. it is, kind of. You see grandma’s traditional chicken noodle soup is all about comfort. This cashew chicken noodle soup combines two types of comfort foods: Asian cuisine and soup. And surprisingly, they work so well together that you’ll be asking yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that?” And we all need more soup recipes to get us through winter, right?
Um, does that mean there are cashews in this soup?
YES! And cashews that are roasted AND added to chicken-flavored soup is INCREDIBLE! When I was in the third grade, our class had a special dinner where parents signed up for international food. My mom picked Nigeria and the soup we brought that night was Peanut Soup. It was incredible! That nut soup taught me that traditional food can be used in an untraditional way. Hence, cashews in this soup! You see, when cashews are roasted in the oven, it gives them depth and slightly softens. Once you add it to the soup base, it softens more. This cashew chicken noodle soup is a revelation.
Let’s talk about those udon noodles.
When your craving chicken noodle soup, you want a hearty noodle that is meaty and delicious, right? Udon noodles are chewy Japanese noodles made from wheat flour, water, and salt. Perfect for a chicken noodle soup and even MORE perfect for a cashew chicken noodle soup!
This recipe recommends Fortune® Udon Noodles Chicken, which is pre-cooked and made from just four ingredients: water, wheat flour, flaxseed, and salt. That’s it. Simple ingredients. Actually, there are two other Fortune® Udon Noodle flavors with mushroom and original
People are craving Asian dishes.
It’s true. A quick search of food industry experts’
Where can I find these chewy Japanese noodles?
First things first… Jump over JSL Foods where you can get a FREE coupon for these chewy and delicious Fortune® Udon Noodles and join the Noodle Club. If you live near an Albertsons, Bashas, or Safeway, you can stop on the way home from school or work and buy some tonight. Also jump on their Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter page for other dinner inspirations beyond my cashew chicken noodle soup!
Who else (besides me) is ready to make this delicious cashew chicken noodle soup for dinner?
Eat well, my friends.
Cashew Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 chicken breast cut into bite-size
1 ¼tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 stalk broccoli florets only
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- ½ sweet onion sliced
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 pkg Fortune(r) Udon Chicken Noodles
- Preheat oven to Bake 400 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss chicken in small bowl with ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and two tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Place the chicken on parchment paper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook for fifteen minutes. Turn chicken over and cook an additional ten minutes.
- While chicken is baking, mix broccoli, red bell pepper, onions, and cashews with two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Add cashews and vegetables to sheet pan and cook an additional twenty-five minutes or until chicken measures 165 degrees.
- While cashew chicken is baking, bring 1 – 1/3rdcup of water to a boil. Add Fortune® Udon Chicken Flavor Noodle and soup base (included in package). Summer for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and one teaspoon of salt.
- Remove cashew chicken from oven and add to noodle soup. Stir and serve.